Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Playing with thread lace patterns on my kh-270 knitting machine.

Hadn't ever made anything using the thread lace patterning on either my kh-965i or my bulky kh-270 knitting machine.  Thought I'd play a bit today with the bulky.


This first scarf was 40 stitches wide, tension 5.  Using a worsted weight wool (it was a light worsted) as my main yarn, and a very fine cone yarn (no label so I don't know what it was),  as my contrast thread, I used pattern number 227 and knit 1 set up row, set my pattern, put second color in carriage and knit to 400 rows.  Cut second color, turn off patterning and knit one row, latch tool bind off.









The second scarf was 44 stitches wide, tension 7.  Using worsted weight yarn (Plymouth Encore) as my main yarn, and a very fine cone yarn as my contrast thread, I used pattern number 209, and knit 1 set up row, set my pattern, knit across, put second color in carriage and knit to 300 rows. Cut second color, turn off patterning and knit one row, latch tool bind off.













This 3rd scarf was 48 stitches wide, tension 5, Using sock weight yarn as my main yarn, and a very fine cone yarn as my contrast thread, I used pattern number 227 and knit 1 set up row, set my pattern, knit across, put second color in carriage and knit to 325 rows.  Cut second color, turn off patterning and knit one row, latch tool bind off.












All vary in length but can easily be looped around to make a nice looking scarf length.  I steam blocked them lightly but still have the dreaded curl so I think I will have to go back and more aggressively block them.  I can't decide if I will add fringe to these or leave them as is.  I like them all, especially the first one.

Want to see my Machine Knit dishcloth "study"?  Click HERE

No comments: